mêskanâs Blitz (Online)
mêskanâs Blitz is a series of webinars that focus on different aspects of MacEwan University’s digital learning environment. Each webinar is approximately 30 minutes long and covers a specific functionality or tool within paskwâwi-mostos mêskanâs; they are designed to provide instructors with ideas and strategies for incorporating different elements of the digital learning environment into their teaching and learning activities. By participating in the webinar, instructors can learn about the various features and resources available through mêskanâs and how to use them to enhance the students’ learning experience.
All Blitz sessions are online during lunch hours. The topics for the 2024 Winter term are:
- January 11 – Advanced techniques for structuring courses using the Book tool
- January 25 – Integrating multimedia into branching activities with the Lesson tool
- February 7 – Best practices for moderating discussions in different types of forums
- February 21 – create effective rubrics and marking guides for various assignments
- March 7 – Streamlining assignment feedback and grading
- March 21 – Implementing inclusive practices in assessments for diverse learners
- April 3 – Removing flawed test questions for fair assessment
- April 17 – Enhancing student collaboration and feedback skills through the Workshop tool
Registration is not required. Please access the webinars via Centre for Teaching and Learning’s virtual classroom.